Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sarah Michelle Gellar's Reddit AMA was AMAzing!!!

In case you missed it, Sarah Michelle Gellar did a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) and it was stupendous! Questions like: Weirdest Fan Experience? Her opinion on Alyson Hannigan? And of course the big one...Spike vs. Angel? Sheesh who knew how strong she leaned on THAT particular 'ship? Read the whole thing below!:

Hi reddit, I'm Sarah Michelle Gellar. Most of you know me from Buffy or Cruel Intentions. But now I'm playing the role I've always been born to play on The Crazy Ones. I'm also doing a charitable campaign with Unilever called Project Sunlight that helps support a bright future for children.
Anyways, Victoria's going to be helping me today. Let's answer some questions!
For all the years I've been doing this, I just want to say thank you to all of my loyal fans. I so appreciate each and every one of you. You are all the Chosen One.


Sarah, if you awoke tomorrow to discover you were Bruce Willis, what's the first thing you would do?
Oh my god, that's so easy! I would just walk around all day yelling "Yippee-Ki-Yay Motherfucker!"
What was your favorite Buffy episode to work on?
I have a few, so bear with me… My first one is The Prom because I just love that whole story, and I thought it just encapsulated the show so well. It was beautiful and heartbreaking… I also love Hush because I think it's not just the scariest episode we've ever done but the challenge to do a silent episode - I thought it would be easy but it was way harder… And the other favorite I love is The Body, because it was beyond difficult and heart wrenching to shoot, and I don't know if many people know this, but my entire first scene was all done in one take. It was 4-5 minutes of one long take.
If you could create an alcoholic drink based on anything in the Buffyverse, what would you call it and what would be the ingredients?
A fruit punch mouth! And what's in it? A red punch with rum.
How many times did you accidentally stab yourself on the set of Buffy? What did James Marsters' hair feel like? How did David Boreanaz smell?
Oh please?!? How many times do I hurt myself getting out of bed? For a pretty graceful person I'm a klutz… Ha! Well at the time on Buffy, over-processed. As any woman knows what it's like… I can say that David honestly smells very good and continues to smell very good. I apologize to Jamie his wife for answering that question.

What's the weirdest experience you've had while meeting a fan ?
"It's never weird. It's usually a really exciting experience, except when it happens in the bathroom. I prefer it not to happen there."
If you could make any book into a movie or television show, what would it be?
"It's hard for me because books live so much in my imagination that sometimes I like them to stay there. But I would love to see the Secret History."
Star Wars or Star Trek?
"UM EXCUSE ME MY HUSBAND IS A JEDI."
Is Alyson Hannigan as cool in person as she looks in the show?
"They all were. That's what was so great about the show. Everybody was so unique and brought so much personally and professionally. And she's pretty funny."
What’s Robin Williams like off camera–is he always “on?”
"NO. That's the funny thing. Is that he's such a down to earth person that sometimes you have to ask him to turn it on!"
Spike or Angel?
"ANGEL"
What was your favorite "big bad" throughout Buffy?
Ohhhh! I loved a couple. When Angel turned bad. Physically I think the scariest were the guys from Hush. And also Camden Toy, I can't think of his character's name right now. And I also liked it when I was the bad guy. And while we're on this topic, I remember my other favorite episode, even though no one asked: I also liked the body switching episode where I got to play Faith and Faith got to play Buffy.
What's your favorite song at the moment?
Let it Go from Frozen. That and I hear Wicked all day long every day because my daughter is obsessed. And any song Auntie Kristin sings is good by her.
What kind of steps do you take to make sure your relationship stays private? What kind of perspective are your children growing up with, in regards to the film industry?
Well I think the reason I've been able to lead such a private life is because I've never flaunted my private life, my fans have respected that. And it makes me able to give more to my professional life, because I have a whole separate life at home. And I'm trying to give my kids as much of a regular life and understanding of the world as I can.
If you could work with any actor, that you have not worked with already, who would it be?
Ricky Gervais! And you know what I want too? I'm obsessed withGary Shandling and his show. I want to get him on our show.
I know that Alyson was known for pranking everybody on the set, were you ever the victim?
No I think I was more her co-conspirator.
Are there any keepsakes you took from the Buffy set?
Aside from her wardrobe? I think my favorite is that my makeup artist had made a special stake for me with a little bottle of holy water, and to this day I keep it by my bed.
Buffy on Broadway. Yea or Nay?
As long as Kristin Chenoweth plays me…
Tell us what you did last summer.
Killed a drifter on the road.
Had you hoped for the rumored Wonder Woman role 10 years ago?
You know, that rumor went around a lot, but Wonder Woman was an Amazon, and due to the fact that I am - shall we say - vertically challenged, it would not have been a good role for me.
Sarah, how is your day going?
My day? well, with mercury in retrograde it didn't out so great. I spilled my cold medicine all over my car which I had just gotten detailed. Then I locked my keys in a place in the car where keys go and are never found again. But now I'm getting to spend my day with fans so it's getting better.
What do you think was Buffy the Vampire Slayer's greatest contribution to to the world? Do you have a favorite "Buffy-ism?"
I think for me the greatest message of Buffy was all about female empowerment, and not just female, but empowerment in general. High school is the scariest part of people's lives, and I loved that we used the monsters of Buffy as a metaphor for the monsters of life. And to not judge a book by its cover. That we are all capable of taking care of ourselves.
Well I think it's the lines that have come now - like I love it when people tweet me "What would Buffy Do" or WWBD, or also "She saved the world, a LOT."
I remember reading that you’re a rare book collector. What are some of your favorite volumes?
My favorite collection that I still am in the process of working on is eventually I want to own every first-edition Dr. Seuss. But I have a complete collection of first-edition Arthur Rackhams, which is one of my prized possessions. And also my first edition Harry Potters.
Also, what's your fav ice cream?
I'm not a big ice cream person, but I love salted caramel ice-cream from Rose Creamery. If anyone wants to send some to me…I'm available to eat it.
Thank you for doing this for your fans! Is it Gell-err or Gell-ar?
Depends who's pronouncing it! But I pronounce it Prinze.
Awww. Cute…. If you had to fight Eliza Dushku in real life do you think you could take her?
I hopefully would not have to fight Eliza, because I like her and consider her a friend. Way more friend than foe. But if we were playing dodgeball, I would definitely pick her first for my team.
Would you ever consider doing anything with Buffy the Vampire Slayerfranchise again?
I feel like I still do? I don't think you ever leave that franchise.
Being a young role model for other young girls is a tall order, and you did it so well. Are there any young, up and coming actresses you admire and see as potential role models for young girls now?
I love Jennifer Lawrence. There's this incredibly talented girl who deserves not only every accolade she gets, but is incredibly real and relatable.
The picture of you, Michelle Trachtenberg and Seth Green you posted on twitter has set off a flurry of rumors about a Sunnydale mini-reunion onThe Crazy Ones. Which former costar would you most want to work with again?
Oh my goodness, I think the person I am most angling to get on the Crazy Ones is Seth Green. And I will say this: he makes a surprise cameo in an upcoming episode, but I want to get him on for reals.
What's one little thing you love doing in your everyday life ?
Getting my coffee… I get excited at night just thinking about the coffee I am going to have in the morning.
When people talk about the 90s, I always think about you, how do you feel about this?
I worry that they might judge me by my hairstyles? But otherwise I'm ok with it.
Could you explain what Buffy Summers means to you?
You know the same way the audience grew up with her? I grew up with her too. She'll always be a part of me.
Since there's a Mork & Mindy reunion on The Crazy Ones, is there a show you love that you would love to see a reunion of?
Murphy Brown. Hands down. That's like one of my favorite shows of all time… And also a Boston Legal one on the Crazy Ones if it involves William Shatner and James Spader!
Can you sum up your Buffy years, in five words or less?
Not A Chance In BLANK… It was 8 incredible years of making incredible television. It would take 5 HOURS to do it justice.
What three things would you take if you were stranded on a desert island?
My husband, my daughter and my son. I guess I'd have to leave my dog to someone.
Who encouraged you the most throughout your career?
Well I would say there are probably 3 people who've encouraged me the most. The first is my mother, who taught me to follow my dreams. My husband and family for making my dreams come true. And my long-time agent and manager, who's been with me since I was a child and has always believed in me. And David my makeup artist because he's sitting next to me and has been with me for 17 years! I hear him choking because I forgot to mention him, and now he's laughing. David DeLeon makeup.
You're on the forefront of the movement to pass the bill to make it illegal for paparazzi to photograph celebrity children without the parents permission, how do you feel that so many major tabloids such as Just Jared, E! and People are on board?
There are no words to put how grateful I am to JustJared, to People, and to everyone who is joining this movement. Kristen Bell is so incredible because we needed a leader, and she is making the world a safer place for my daughter. My poor daughter is petrified of cameras and doesn't even like taking photos at home because she is scared of large men putting cameras in her face, so the fact that we are getting the support that we are is incredible. I would also like to take this chance to thank the fans who are supporting me by not buying the magazines and not watching the shows that refused to be a part of this. And also to the rockstar Kristen Bell who not only is a heroine, but also kind of my heroine right now.
What is your favorite screwball comedy?
Showgirls.
Which TV show would you like to see do a musical episode?
NOT the Crazy Ones!
Who was a better kisser, Angel or Spike? P.S. any answer other than Spike will be incorrect, but I need you to confirm.
I'm sorry to disappoint. And again my apologies to Jamie [Boreanaz].
Is it hard to work with Robin Williams? It seems like the set would never stop laughing.
I'm not going to lie, there is a lot of laughing. And MAYBE one person might have wet their pants. But I won't say who… But he (Robin) has the best sense of humor.
Did you have any clue where Ringer was heading before it's cancellation?
possibly…
I just wanted to say that Buffy has been a source of bonding among my father, brother, and I (much to the dismay of my mother). We all love strong women and really respected the way you portrayed growth and maturation all while being bad ass. No question here, but you're amazing.
What's wrong with your mom? Why doesn't she watch Buffy?
What was it like being in the Scooby-Doo movies?
It takes a lot to talk to a dog that's not there. I really used my acting chops on that one…
Also, is Robin Williams as good looking in person as he is on TV?
Forget good looking. He is the kindest, most incredible human being. You want to talk about a superhero? He's it.
Settle a debate going on over at r/buffy right now. Angel or Spike?
Still Angel.
This is my cat, Buffy. I catch a lot of flack for naming the cat Buffy, and get called lame, but I just liked you so much, I had to have a Buffy of my own.
By the way, a lot of people have animals named Buffy and it's a very good animal name and I stand behind that.
Have you ever read any Buffy fanfic? How bad/disturbing was it?
I have. And it's pretty incredible. And it's really moving when people take the time to do that kind of thing.
What is the most ridiculous tabloid rumour you have heard about yourself?
Normally I don't read them, but there was a really weird story once about me pulling a hamstring in my butt, it was actually my costumer (who was also named Sarah).
Coke or Pepsi?
Coke Zero. But my children do not drink it. It's all for me. My children only drink scotch from their sippy cup. ;)
Outside of TV and film, whats the most rewarding thing you've ever done?
The answer is my children.
Will you let your kids watch Buffy when they're older or is it weird for you/them to see you on screen?
That's an interesting question. I don't think I'm ready to tackle the thought of them watching. I mean, right now my daughter doesn't even want to watch me on Sesame Street, so I'm going to have to think about that one. Come back to me in a few years.
If you were a muppet, which one would you be?
Miss Piggy! She gets all the great wardrobe. AND she knows Joan Rivers.
What are your thoughts on peanut butter cups?
LOVE 'EM! Positive. All for 'em. Especially in the freezer. I like the mini ones better because I feel like I'm getting away with something.
If you had the opportunity to star as any woman from history, who would you choose?
Neely O'Hara from Valley of the Dolls.
What keeps your hair so soft and supple these days in your busy, daily grind lifestyle?
I think eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle is the biggest part of that.
What do you think about Twilight?
You know, vampires - people always say to me "how do you feel about these other things copying you?" and you have to remember that vampires were around a LONG time before Buffy. I'm just glad the legend continues.
And, finally… Have you seen the documentary Blackfish?
"Yes."


1 comment:

Bottleblondegal said...

OMG! I can't believe I missed this!