Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Weekend (Sorta)!

Buffy: Oh, Valentine's Day is just a cheap gimmick to sell cards and chocolate.
Amy: Bad breakup, huh?
Buffy:
Believe me when I say "uh-huh."
Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered

It's really hard to write a positive post in honor of Valentine's Day because, let's face it, there isn't so much of the happy when it comes to love in the Whedonverse. A few months back we tried writing about the happy moments of the verse, but as you'll see it kinda backfired. Of course, it was funny and fun to write, so it's a win anyway. This time around, let's take it from another angle, tragedy, which seems to be the only way Joss knows how to write love. In honor of Valentine's Day Weekend we give you Wired's Top 10 Tragic Love Stories in Geek Fiction and, not surprisingly, two of our couples made the list.





5 comments:

heroine_tv said...

Ha ha! I was just talking on Twitter about this. I plan on enjoying a mini-marathon of Buffy love-tragedy tomorrow. So far I have decided on "Innocence," "Passion," "The Prom," and "Selfless." Love and the Whedonverse ... it's always guaranteed to end in tears, and/or bloodshed. Sigh.

Michelle said...

Wow, that's a list of tragedy all right. May I suggest adding "I Will Remember You" to that list just to add more fuel to the fire and good luck with trying not to cry!

heroine_tv said...

Michelle, good suggestion! I added "Angel" from season 1, and "The Wish" from season 3 to the list too. The former, because it is Angel and Buffy's first kiss, and ends in tears and tragedy. The latter, because some vengeance demon action seems fitting.

Leona said...

I am very thankful to all your team for sharing such inspirational information.
my valentine heart

Unknown said...

I am very thankful to all your team for sharing such inspirational information.my valentine love