Sunday, August 16, 2009

What's the sitch? - The Bitter Sunday edition

Ok, we failed to get the Saturday 'Week in Whedon News' recap up again, but surely will next week. Bitsy also isn't choosing a fanvid sunday today. Crazy weekend. In the lieu of all of that, I give you "What's the Sitch?- Sunday edition." It's a little bitter this time, not sure why...I'm in a good mood I swear!

Whedon.info has a million pics of Smidgie's swagtastic, corporate-sponsored, LA shmoozefest of a baby shower. Michelle Trachtenberg was a guest and it looks like it was a good time...but isn't the point to bring gifts and celebrate mother and child? It seems like these attendees are there to GET a bag full of eye cream, mp3 players and to cozy up to "it girls" to see if you can get a guest spot on their next hit CW show. Oops...sorry Shannen Doherty. I really did like you in Charmed.


James Marsters' pimping schedule. For enough money you too can meet Spoike himself at these and many other local events. He'll be in Cherry Hill, NJ, Birmingham & Cambersands, UK! Check his site to see if he'll be selling photos or peddling autographs in your town! You can even pay $75 to have breakfast with Jimmy-boy or $250 (cash only) to enjoy soft drinks and iced teas at a Dragon Con private party. Sorry, cocktails will be extra though.



Felicia Day and the whole Guild gang do it up in this free-ish xbox live download music video: "Would You Like to Date My Avatar?", previously only seen at SDCC. Too bad you need to own an Xbox to make it happen. Or Zune, but not if you have a Mac (Mac vs. Windows wars and all.) Grr. The rest of us can catch it on Amazon tomorrow. You can also catch a preview on all of those sites, as well.



A new actually-free comic centered around Harmony arrived this week on MySpace Dark Horse Presents entitled Buffy: Harmony Comes to the Nation - written by Jane Espenson and Karl Moline. Short, sweet, to the point.






Despite the internet buzz, the Dollhouse DVD sales are not really all that after all. Some sites have indicated that if the DVD doesn't perform well (like Firefly did), this really could be the nail in the coffin for Dollhouse. Not sure I agree or have an opinion on that either way - but at this point in the game I think it's fair to say that Dollhouse is the clunker in Whedon's TV show legacy. Let's see if season 2 can fix that.



And that's the (bitter) news!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez. Far too many women in a small, enclosed space for my tastes. That'd really get on my nerves being around all that estrogen. And we all know how women can get in large groups....all shallow, fake, phony and stuff. Who needs it. But I do like Sarah and Michelle. They both seem so sweet.
As far as James Marsters is concerned, Mr. Bitsy, you and I both know you would pay the asking price to have a sit down and a smile with Spike. Can't fool Alex B, Mr. Bitsy.
Always loved Harmony. For me, she kind of always represented the epitome of the inward female psyche.
My brother still has Dollhouse on queue at the library. Can't wait to confirm my theory that this will be yet another Whedon series that will suck.

Alex B.

Kaaren said...

SO disappointed in SMG's cake. (I'm a cake nut).

Anonymous said...

I think I might be changing my mind about Angel. I've been rewatching it and I think it's pretty cool. Not as cool as Buffy, but pretty cool nonetheless. You guys helped me to come around a bit on this subject....

Alex B.

Tara said...

Kaaren: OMG, I totally agree. I'm the one that posted this (not Bits) and I meant to mention the underwhelming cake. How lame! Who organized this thing?

In the mean time, if you're a fancy cake lover you must check out Threadless's cake competition (if you haven't already) which will blow your mind:

http://www.threadcakes.com/

Dalton said...

Knew you'd come around, Alex...

Sir Dalton the Hardcore Loohooserher said...

Our buddy Spike has landed a gig on the new sci fi series Caprica. Tara, Spike's pimpin' days just might be numbered....or postponed.
Hey, I know I'd pay to have breakfast with him....
Ha.