Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dollhouse Death Watch for ep 9 and T:SCC's swan song

TVbythenumbers says: TSCC goes out with a whimper....and it's a damn shame because the probable series finale episode was truly excellent. If it really was the last, then it's a sad day for quality television. I think Summer Glau's gorgeous street ballet symbolizes the show's swan song nicely.


Isn't she faboosh? Note: that clip was created to support Tyler Shields’ new book “The Dirty Side of Glamour.”

In that same article, Dollhouse's ratings were also mentioned, which brings us back to this week's Dollhouse Death Watch. After the week's fandom "full on insane volcano mode," to quote Bitsy, things seem shakier than ever. I still can't believe why anyone would buy Fox's flimsy excuse that the studio only made the 13th ep because they needed a 13th ep to fulfill their own DVD deals. When the hell did this ever happen in the history of TV? Why did Joss think otherwise? I'm sure it will all unfold eventually.

Only a few more eps to you. Leave us a comment and let us know which group you belong:

Tara's Group (the bitter realists) - thinks Dollhouse will not make it to season 2.

Michelle's Group (the starry-eyed optimists) - who believe that Dollhouse get renewed for a second season.

SPOILER IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH LAST NIGHT'S EP "A Spy in the House of Love" YET -

Since I don't think that Dominic being sent to "the attic" in last night's ep counts as a death...I don't think we can consider the poll in the right sidebar over just yet.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm still with the bitter realists. I'm still bitter about Pushing Daisies getting screwed. It would be great if it made it to season two but I'm not holding my breath after all this network thinks it's a good idea to air American Idol four times a week not to mention it running over eight minutes this past Tuesday which made me very cranky.

Nope I don't count that as a death either since he's still alive only wiped clean. I was hoping it would be him since I can't stand him but since this is Joss it'll likely end up someone I absolutely adore. Yes Joss I'm still not happy about what you did to Fred and Tara.

Jennifer Noelle said...

Totally an optimist. I don't want to think that Fox would do this to Joss again.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be a bitter optimist. Optimistic until the bitter end! ;)

Jgirl said...

The latest ep was, dare I say it . . . actually GOOD. And not in a "good for a bad show" kind of way. Anomaly or trend for the remaining episodes? I guess we'll have to wait and see. My vote hasn't changed yet, though. I am still a realist. The numbers don't lie, and by that I mean the number of bad episodes so far.

Oh, and I wouldn't count being sent to the attic as death either.

AndrewCrossett said...

It's all going to come down to these last 3 episodes with the "Prison Break" lead-in. If these eps can average over 4 million viewers, and keep their high DVR and download numbers, and the DVD set continues to get lots of pre-orders, then there's a chance for another 13.

If not, then the battle will be trying to talk Fox into airing that final episode.

jellymoff said...

Right now I'm going to side with the optimists. I'm not ready to give up yet.